Monday, December 10, 2018

December 10th - Neshaminy Creek Brewing Compnay Maximum Mocha Porter



I'm definitely in the mood for something lighter in ABV tonight instead of something like last evening.  At the same time I purchased the Ecomis from W and S, I snagged another single can from Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company that was new on the shelf.  Maximum Mocha Porter, a "robust porter brewed with chocolate and lactose and conditioned on single origin Rise Up coffee" will be what I pour tonight.



Pouring from the 16 ounce can into what has become my all-purpose DFH glass was a deep dark brown and nearly opaque brew with a thin, beige head at the top.  The aroma was lots of roasted coffee along with some slightly burnt notes with earthy undertones.




Bitter coffee takes the spotlight with the flavor of this beer.  For something dubbed a "robust porter" I don't really agree with that whatsoever.  The mouthfeel is a very light and thin one, almost borderline watery for my taste.  If it weren't for the coffee there wouldn't be much of a body in this 6% brew.  



In addition to the burnt aroma, likely the roasted coffee I assume, there is a somewhat similar burnt flavor here, something that I really didn't think too much of to be honest.  A slight sweetness lingers but not to be outdone by the bitterness from either the coffee or the hops.  My bet is on the hops.  

or the Mocha Porter, sadly...

If you like some lighter coffee that has some alcohol content to it, give this one a whirl.  However, if you're like me and like your coffee beers with a thicker body, I'd give this one a pass unfortunately.  Just as a friendly reminder, however, if you find an IPA from this brewing company, you won't be disappointed!




No comments:

Post a Comment