Saturday, December 8, 2018

December 8th - Modern Times Beer and Fair State Brewing Company Spirit Foul


A quick review today since the season keeps us moving on the weekends.  Isn't it crazy when you have more time during a weeknight than a weekend day?  I mean I don't, but maybe you do.  Even during the holiday season, weekend days are pretty laid back for me.  So, since you're busy today unlike myself, you'll get a quick review and post this afternoon.

...and so do you! 

A collaborative effort from Moderns Times Beer out of San Diego, CA and Fair State Brewing Cooperative in Minneapolis, MN, Spirit Foul boasts that it is a "silly, hazy, fun" IPA.  Not a surprise here, but another single can W and S purchase.  A pour into my splinter glass was a translucent and hazy golden orange.  Pretty standard for another New England Style IPA.  The pour almost reminds me of a dreamsicle frozen treat.



Aroma was a juicy citrus blend dominated by pineapples with some notes of cherries thrown in there too.  Bitterness floods the palate with the acidity you can expect from a NEIPA.  Very creamy mouthfeel with a decent level of carbonation.  There is little bitterness at the end of the sip though, leaving me wanted to come back for another.  At 6.3% ABV, it's definitely something that I could enjoy more than one of at a time.

I'm too lazy to go back and look, so I may have mentioned this already, but I'm not always too excited about another NEIPA.  They're just everywhere lately, especially in my area.  Don't get me wrong, I like them, but some of them are just too acidic for my taste.  Bitterness is one thing, but acidity can be too overwhelming for my palate.  If I wanted to drink orange juice or pineapple juice I'd do that.  



However, this is a very well done collaboration brew between these 2 craft beer companies.  The acidity compliments the hop bitterness as well as the grain bill that was used to make this NEIPA.  I'd recommend this for the straight up IPA fan as well as the NEIPA bandwagon jumper.  



2 comments:

  1. A remarkable article is particularly useful! I quietly began in this, and I’m becoming more acquainted with it better! Delights, keep doing more and extra impressive! You will be able to check the ZIP Code. You should check your ZIP Code. Cause It allows you to break your unique record.
    Postal Code Finder

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great article you share for reading. Great Post !! I like your creativity. am playing the game called pubg mobo. and I have some interesting tricks about free UC and BP for PUBG
    PUBG Hileleri

    ReplyDelete