Sunday, December 11, 2016

Day 11 - Hijinx Brewing Company Barista's Choice

After checking my Blogger dashboard and seeing over 100 views on last night's post along, I have come to the following conclusion.  Last night, I feel that from a blogging standpoint, I feel I have peaked.  You know what that means...

I guess time will tell...stay tuned! 
Tonight, I decided against my crowler from Pizza Boy in lieu of a lighter stout that I didn't need to drink nearly 3 of to finish off after opening.  I have a feeling it'll stay fresh another few days.  



We're looking at beer #2 from Hijinx Brewing Company in Allentown tonight, a "richly flavored brown porter made with Honduran coffee."  I reviewed one of their IPAs a few days ago and was pleased with what I got.  I'm hoping the same tonight!



This beer poured a deep, nearly opaque brown color with some decent head on the top.  The aroma was sweet and malty, with roasted coffee and espresso with definite chocolate notes to boot.  Lots of flavor to be expected here. 


I wasn't let down.  There was a big, robust coffee flavor with this beer that was strong up front, but mellowed out towards the end, while still sticking around and lingering for a while.  I would be curious to see what would happen if a brewer (even these guys) took a coffee porter and heavily hopped it for that bitter coffee flavor the entire way through.  Maybe that would be too much?  

maybe...nevermind that last idea

Sorry for the quick review, but I have to rest up for the long week ahead of me.  Lots of quality reviews to come, based on the stockpile in the fridge and in the basement.  I may make some game time decisions coming up in the next few days!

3.5 out of 5 snowflakes - first significant snowfall of '16?

No comments:

Post a Comment