Thursday, December 22, 2016

December 22 - Otter Creek Brewing Company Free Flow IPA

Just got home from a work Christmas party that had a very eclectic selection of beers.  I decided to make sure that my review got finished ASAP due to time constraints.



One of my co-workers decided that it would be a good idea to see if a few folks would want in on a case swap type of thing.  A few of us got together and threw a couple bucks at the idea, and low and behold, I have a few new beers to try, including this one tonight.  From Otter Creek Brewing Company, we're trying their IPA selection, Free Flow IPA, a 6% "mind melting IPA." 


Take a look at their impetus and what they were aiming for right there!


From a hazy, golden pour emerged a nice beige head.  For me there was a spicy/peppery, and earthy hop aroma.  I was reluctant at first, but the aroma grew on me for sure.  This brew left me with the same sort of flavor (peppery/spicy/earthy), with a sweet, fruity, malty aftertaste.  I decided to pair this with some deer bologna since I didn't really eat anything of substance at the get together tonight.  Just like the above video described, the lower IBU (55-60) didn't mess with my palate by numbing it with an overly hopped beer.   

 

A quick blog for those of you (like myself) on a time constraint.  This brew will receive a 3.5 out of 5 for solid work in the hop profile all around. 





No comments:

Post a Comment