Tuesday, December 20, 2016

December 20 - Boulevard Brewing Dark Truth Stout



Last Wednesday, I spoke of another Boulevard Brewing Company beer that I had sitting and waiting for me.  Well, the time has come to give that one a whirl.

Tonight, we're enjoying Dark Truth Stout from Boulevard.  After putting the finishing touches on my competition sweater for tomorrow, with a lot of assistance from my wife, it's finally time to sit down and polish this off, but not too quickly of course.  Clocking in at a big 9.7% ABV I better hit the brakes and take some time to enjoy it since, like I mentioned before, these things are hard to come by. 




Not too much of a back story or narration tonight, so let's just get right down to it, shall we?



A dark stout for sure, this poured an opaque black color with a creamy tan head at the top that stuck around throughout.  I've switched my go-to glass lately from my trusty tulip to my splinter glass.  I seem to get good results, especially with some head retention here too.



There was a slightly smoky alcohol aroma with this brew that peeled back layers of chocolate, plums and maybe even raisins.  As for the taste, it was definitely lighter than expected on my palate with some medium carbonation.  The beer starts off sweet, changes to bitter coffee, and finishes with a dry and smoky residual taste on the palate. 

There's a whole lot going on in this bottle for sure.  Lots of complex flavors layers upon themselves along with a complex aroma.  Give this one a whirl if you come across it and enjoy the dark, sipping stouts.  I think you'll enjoy it! 



A solid 3.75 out of 5 tonight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment