Monday, December 5, 2016

December 5th - Harpoon UFO Winter Blonde

All beer tastes good!


Yep...I have to agree tonight Dwight.  Up for tasting today is Harpoon Brewery's UFO (Unfiltered Offering) Winter Blonde.  The label also says "vanilla cold brew ale," which lead me to believe that this was made with cold brew coffee.  I've had a beer before that poured golden in color and still tasted like coffee.  Well, needless to say, that didn't happen tonight.

I felt like this tonight after tasting this beer
Pouring a hazy, golden color and retaining a decent beige colored head, I was looking forward to the panoply of flavors that I was about to get.  I smelled it and the first thing I got was a fizzy, carbonated lager smell.


There were subtle hints of coffee and vanilla here, but I may have been imagining things.  There were definitely vanilla notes in the taste of this beer, but if I'm honest it was like drinking vanilla flavored Miller Lite.  Whatever happened here, something didn't match up.  There are plenty of people out there that would enjoy this, but maybe my expectations were too high.  

I recommend you do as well...
2 out of 5 for this mess tonight...



Sorry, this needed dressed up with memes tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment