Saturday, December 19, 2015

December 19 - Stone Xocoveza

No Christmas tree in this photo.  I'm too busy putting together my MegaPot 1.2 that you see in the background for a potential brew day tomorrow.  So, while I was testing for leaks in this new brew kettle, I decided it was time for a beer.  A beer that I just couldn't put off any longer.  A beer that I knew I had to have when I saw it on the shelves...



I saw this last year and didn't think too much of it since I couldn't find it anywhere locally.  I sounded good enough, but I didn't lose sleep over it.  However, there's more to this beer than I realized.  After finishing it and taking my tasting notes I actually sat down and read the bottle and got some interesting information.  

Tonight, there's a history lesson involved so for those of you who are not into school on the weekend, I'll give you a screenshot of the need to know right about here:

Add caption
You're welcome!
So, no pressure tomorrow when I decide to brew my beer tomorrow, right?  Maybe I'll have some spiked hot chocolate with peppers while I brew!

hmm...not a bad look actually...

This fabulous beer poured a opaque black with a frothy, coffee brown head.  The aroma was ridiculous.  This gave notes of sweet milk chocolate, cinnamon, and other spices for days.  The peppery aroma was definitely evident too.  

The beer initially was a chewy and thick malt that quickly became and explosion of mild pepper heat, chocolate, coffee, espresso, cinnamon and other spices.  The balance here is impeccable.  The flavor is outstanding.  

The beer is finished as I write this and I'm sad.  Don't get me wrong, at 8.1%, I'd have to be careful, but it would be worth it.  Last year, this beer was sold in bombers, but this 12 oz bottle just doesn't cut it.  You need to try this...trust me...you won't regret it!




....out of 5 of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment