Friday, December 4, 2015

December 4 - Oskar Blues Death By Coconut

So, tonight my kiddo had his family birthday party and I had to get this one in quick before I had a few more beers during the party.  I'll give you the need to know information now that everyone has headed out after the party has died down.

Tonight, from Oskar Blues Brewing Company, we have an Irish Porter called Death by Coconut.  This brew weighs in at 6.5% ABV.  Yet, another canned brew, just like last evening's blog post.  

I poured this beer in a nonic pint glass and it was a deep, dark nearly opaque brown color.  A thin beige head appeared on the top of this brew.  

The nose gave off a sweet and roasted coconut aroma.  There were strong roasted coffee and chocolate notes along with some sweet vanilla notes also.  With the first sip of this beer I tasted a sweet coconut bomb of flavor!

Every sip thereafter was another bomb of coconut and roasted malt.  The finish was a sweet, light, yet bitter one along with some dryness to take it home.  Like Guinness and other Irish beers, the dryness is characteristic of the style.  I couldn't find much on the Irish Porter, however.  I found more on the Irish stout instead.    

My wife wanted to try this (you know, because it was that good...) and she absolutely loved it too!

This beer was absolutely amazing!  With some of the reviews that I saw, some people really enjoyed it while others thought it could be better.  Quite honestly, this beer is a nearly perfect 5 in my book!  If you like some coconut flavor and don't mind it being part of your beer, definitely check this beer out for sure!  

Quality, I say a quality beer here tonight...



There's no lime in this coconut...even though that may be cool...
4.75 out of 5...a solid beer tonight!


oooh...gravity

No comments:

Post a Comment