Monday, December 21, 2015

December 21 - Victory Vital IPA

Running out of time this week, and it's only Monday night!

HA! I wish!!

Ugly Christmas Sweater for tomorrow - check
Returned some crap to Wal-Mart - check
Forgot receipt and have to go back tomorrow - crap
Went to Kohl's to get a gift for the missus - check
Have to go return something there tomorrow now too - double crap
Kids' Christmas gifts for teachers, packed and ready - check
Munched on Christmas cookies for dinner - triple check
Beer blog for the day...

One last thing to do then tonight before retiring for the night.  I have to give the people what they want, right?

Let's not waste any time then.  As per the photo below, I didn't really feel like pouring this out so I enjoyed straight from the can tonight!



From Victory Brewing in Doylestown, is their Vital IPA, a 6.5% brew that claims to be "full of fresh, crisp and fruity notes driven by American hops and German malts.  This IPA is bright, aromatic, and complex - the characteristics vital to tasting Victory!"

A hazy, golden pilsner color (I was just pulling your leg, I poured it), the beer actually retained a decent head throughout my enjoyment.  As for the aroma, I didn't get much crispness and only some slight fruity notes here.  

The taste was definitely driven by a balanced array of hops.  For me, it spanned the spectrum from earthy, to fruity, to even slightly resinous.  The beer also had a decent malty finish at the end along with a mild hop bite.  

I'm not sure it's the only IPA I'll even need, but it's certainly on the list now, especially since it's a local brewer that produces some quality stuff.


A soild 3.5 out of 5 all day long!


No comments:

Post a Comment