Saturday, December 16, 2017

December 16th - Silver City Tropic Haze

After last night's review and note-taking of the Mad Elves, I threw in an IPA afterwards because I was curious as to how it tasted.  I won't bore you with my Tavour story again, but this hazy IPA comes from the Pacific Northwest again.  You just need to know that I'm drinking the other one tonight for the review.


I won't waste too much time on a back story or witty intro tonight.  I'm busy.  You're busy.  It's the Saturday before the Saturday before Christmas and you got shopping and stuff to do.  I have a few more beers to enjoy.  So, let's not waste too much time tonight.



Silver City Brewing in Bremerton, Washington is the creator of this American style IPA.  According to the website, this IPA is brewed with NW pale and British pale malts, flaked wheat, and rolled oats along with a hop addition that's classified.  Wait, what?  Guess they don't want this secret to be duplicated.  Let's see if that matters.


Poured to my DFH IPA glass to get the best of all things beer tonight, the color was a hazy, golden amber with a fairly decent off-white head at the top that eventually left some spotty lacing on the glass.  Aromas of earthy, tropical fruit filled my nostrils highlighted by oranges and pineapples.  Slightly acidic, bitterness filled my taste buds first with pineapple, nectarines, mango, and just a hint of cherry.  This isn't an overly juiced up NEIPA due to its solid malt base that quickly balances the tropical flavors from dry hopping.  The finish is smooth with a slightly bitter and dry pineapple juice.  The beer clears the palate quickly and doesn't linger around, leaving no bitterness on the tongue.


A 4.25 out of 5 for this IPA that I'll most likely never be able to find or enjoy again.  A moment of silence and an ounce to pay respects.

Just kidding.  I didn't dump any of this out.  Also, I may have used this photo before, sorry!

For absolutely no good reason, I wanted to use a Flint Tropics reference and Jackie Moon.  I guess the name makes me think of that movie.  So, here is your obligatory (yet not really obligatory) Jackie Moon picture...you're welcome!





No comments:

Post a Comment