Wednesday, December 11, 2013

December 11

 
December 11 - Victory Brewing Company - Winter Cheers
 
After getting stuff done around the house, helping my wife put 2 kids to bed (she does most of the work, if I'm being honest), getting some Christmas shopping/gift making done, it's finally time to unwind...a little later this evening. 
 
Last week, I saw that my new favorite local bottle shop in Sunbury, Bottleworks, has this beer up on their Facebook page.  A new brew that I've never seen before, needless to say, I was intrigued.  This beer (according to Victory Brewing's website) is a holiday draft and 12 oz. bottle specialty.  As I said last night, I'll try anything once (or twice...)!
 
Long story short (since it's late), if you're a hefeweizen fan, you'll really like this winter ale.  It is all things hefeweizen; transparent, golden color, white head, clove and banana flavors, so on and so on.  This beer drinks so smooth, that at 6.7% ABV, if you had a 6 pack or case of this, you may be in trouble!  A very refreshing beer that, like a traditional hefeweizen, is reminiscent of warmer, summer days.  Seems strange to have this type of beer as a winter seasonal to me, but I'll definitely get it again! 
 
Noooooooooooooooorm! - Cheers
(Get it?)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment