Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December 4th

December 4th - Weyerbacher Winter Ale
 
I gotta be honest, at first whiff, I had a flashback of last night's brew. I smelled spices, including those darn cloves again. I envisioned that awful taste wrecking my palate. Against my better judgment, since I have already committed by opening it, I took a sip and hoped for the best...
 
No cloves...no nutmeg...Thank GOD!
 
This Brown Ale style brew is a lower ABV from Weyerbacher (5.6%) in comparison to everything that I have had from them so far.  The beer has some roasted notes that aren't too overpowering.  It also pours very dark.  Not quite that of a stout or porter, but it's not too far off.  This beer drinks very smooth with a little warming taste at the end.  I also get some caramel notes along with just a hint of spiciness (again, no cloves!).
 
Looking for more of a session-able beer to enjoy in the winter months?  This may be for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment