Friday, December 6, 2013

December 6th

December 6th - Spring House Braaaiins - Pumpkin Ale for Zombies
 
Birthday party + family + kids = Beer!!
 
I love this time of year for many reasons. Time with family, birthdays of my kids and wife, Thanksgiving, and last, but certainly not least, pumpkin beers!!  I wish that some companies would make pumpkin beer year round.  I guess there's something to be said for delayed gratification.
 
Straight from the keg tonight, this is, by far the best and most unique pumpkin beer I have ever had.  A cornucopia of ingredients are present in the aroma including, vanilla, cinnamon, and hints of chocolate.  A taste explosion occurs next with more vanilla, cinnamon, and of course, pumpkin. Just a kick of bitterness finishes things off with this beer.
 
It should go without saying that I will shed a tear when this keg is kicked...until I remember there is a bomber bottle still ready in my beer kitchen.
 
In honor of zombies everywhere, this beer gets a 4.5/5 rotting bodies (that's a great thing, in the zombie world by the way...).

No comments:

Post a Comment