Friday, December 20, 2013

December 20

December 20 - Troegs Mad Elf
 
Holiday Christmas party...bad music...mad elf...nuff said!!
 
The beer I look forward to at the holiday season is this 11% ABV from Troegs. Mad Elf, a Belgian Dark Strong Ale, is just what you need if getting through an event with family is in need (not that I did...just saying if YOU do...).
 
The aroma is mild with some tart cherry and slight sweetness (from the honey).  The pour is a slightly red caramel color with very little head.  The mouth feel is carbonated with a sweet caramel taste. There is a tart cherry bite at the end with a warming alcohol feeling all the way down.  
 
Thank god I found a 6 pack of this in my cabinet from last year. A well aged mad elf is in my future this holiday season for sure!!
 
Can't wait to enjoy more of this over the next few days!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment