Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December 18

 December 18 - Blue Moon Short Straw - Farmhouse Red Ale
 
I really wasn't too excited about this beer when I pulled it out of the fridge tonight, but I figured Christmas is red, the label is red, and tonight, my sweatshirt is red.  So, let's do it.
 
From the Expressionist Collection (not really sure what that is...) from Blue Moon, this Farmhouse Red Ale checks in at 5.4% ABV.  There is a sweet, yet tart cherry aroma with this deep red-colored beer.  The more I smell it, the more it kind of reminds me of a V8...maybe there's some tomato in there too?
 
The taste is just OK.  There is a tart finish to the beer at the end, with some lingering cherry taste to it as well...not sweet cherry either.
 
This blog post is blah.  This beer is blah. If this was the only choice for a beer I had, I may think about drinking water or soda instead.  I said before that I'd try anything once...this probably won't get a second shot (unless there's no water or soda at the hypothetical gathering).  Guess I was the one who drew the short straw...
 
 
 
2 Sad Christmas trees for a 2 out of 5 rating
 


No comments:

Post a Comment