Sunday, December 15, 2013

December 15

December 15 - Sam Adams Merry Maker
 
The night is right for baking Christmas cookies.  The night is also right for drinking cookie beer.  Gingerbread stout to be specific.  Honestly, I felt left out of the cookie baking so I wanted to feel like I contributed, so I busted this beer out for all of the cookie makers (and non-makers) in my house tonight.
 
With a few guest tasters in attendance tonight, they all had various viewpoints on this beer.  Two out of the three guests enjoyed the brew.  The third (who was the oldest and not a connoisseur of beer, to say the least) told me it tasted like motor oil.  She was excused from her opinions after that comment. 
 
This beer pours an opaque black color with a coffee colored head.  The aroma gives a strong roasted coffee bean aroma with some gingerbread as well (at least I think it does...I'm excited for gingerbread so I may be biased here...).  There is a very sweet taste here that coats and warms the palate, just in time for the cold, winter months.  There is a slight clove taste with a touch of molasses (at least according to one of my guest tasters who enjoyed the brew).  There is a coffee/espresso finish (according to my other guest taster) with virtually no hop bite at the end. 
 
At 9% ABV, get comfy at home and enjoy this wonderful beer.
 
 
mmmm....cookies...AND beer....

No comments:

Post a Comment