Saturday, December 7, 2013

December 7th

December 7th - Spring House Brewing Company - Big Gruesome Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout
 
Sounds awesome, right?  Well, it is.  I have had this beer numerous places, and it never disappoints...even after having it tonight.  More on that in a bit...
 
Saturday evening - Date night with my wife for our 7th wedding anniversary :)
 
If it was relevant to speak of the food and service, I would do so...however, I think I've said all you need to know already.  Honestly, if you're reading this blog, do you really care about how my dinner went?  No?  I agree...let's get to the beer!
 
Tonight, pouring this brew from the tap, there are heavy roasted chocolate notes along with some hints (at least I think) of peanut butter.  When sipping this very strong imperial/double stout (8.5% ABV) there, once again like last night (another Spring House beer - Braaaiins), is a ton of flavor on the palate.  Everything finishes with a bitter chocolate finish, however, not too bitter.  For me, it is almost like a dark chocolate bitterness.  After you've swallowed the sip of beer you are left with a coating of chocolate and peanut butter on the tongue (I'm cool with that...I like peanut butter).
I won't say where I was, but someone needs to clean the keg lines...with a rotating beer selection on hand, boasting of 30+ beers on tap at a time, you may want to pay attention to cleaning the lines in order to give a beer taster the correct flavor instead of a mixture of old, stale beer, and fresh, new, awesome beer...just sayin'...
 
Don't worry...I'm not mad.  I have a bomber of this in the beer kitchen too, for CLEAN consumption!
 
All things considered (except for dirty, dirty lines), this beer gets a 4/5 in my book!
 
Oops...I guess I kinda did say where I was, didn't I...? 

No comments:

Post a Comment