Saturday, December 21, 2013

December 21

 December 21 - Rogue Santa's Private Reserve
 
Taking things down a notch tonight after a Christmas party last night (Mad Elf last night was enough for me!).  A new beer for me, Rogue's Santa's Private Reserve, is a double-hopped red ale that pours with a nice head to it. 
 
I got very little from the aroma of this beer.  There is a mild amount of spiciness and maybe a biscuit aroma, but other than that, I got nothing.  The mouth feel of this beer is roasted and very malty.  The maltiness stays with you as you drink it while it finishes with a mild hop bitterness at the end.  As I continued to drink this beer, the hop finish got thicker and thicker on my palate.
 
Overall, if this is Santa's Private Reserve that he saves for this time of year, he clearly isn't a connoisseur of beer.  There really isn't anything that stands out here.  At 6% ABV, he must have a few and still manage to get and the work done for all of the good little girls and boys.  I guess he wouldn't want to be stumbling all over the place while managing those elves.  They'd probably run amuck and actually start doing those things that parents stage for the Elf on the Shelf pictures they throw on Facebook (you have way too much time on your hands by the way...).
 
  I'll let Frosty rate this one accordingly (he looks thirsty in the background, doesn't he?) with a Ho Ho Ho! out of a possible Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho! (3 out of 5 if you don't see what I did there).
 
 
Frosty says, "mmmm..."

No comments:

Post a Comment